The digital age has allowed businesses to become a lot more productive in the way they work. There are so many ways a business can help boost their employees’ productivity and make task management easier – from becoming a paperless office to creating bespoke systems that streamline the way the work. On top of this, businesses can also hire app developers from UK to create an application that both employees and customers can use to become more organized and improve loyalty to the company. Of course, this is just a few of the ways you can get your business more organized so we’ll go into more detail in their article.
In our previous blog post we covered some of the best free task management tools that you can use to complete projects and daily tasks. Whilst these task management tools are great for the budget conscious, there are also some paid task management tools that are work considering. It all depends on what industry your company is in. If you are in the law industry then there is a company that developed practice management software that can improve your task management and much more.
They are suited to those that see task management as an investment for their business, and want to make sure that they are perfectly organised, no matter what it is that they need to do. We have therefore pooled the lists, and included all task management tools that have a paid tier as standard, or offer the ability to upgrade for additional functionality. For a second opinion, why not visit Comparitech for more information!
Task Management Software – Task Pigeon
Task Pigeon is a task management tool that makes it easy to create, assign and manage the tasks you and your team work on each day. With Task Pigeon it is easy to create categories, assign tasks and see what you have to work on each day.
Task Pigeon is also designed to be flexible and team members can respond to tasks within the app or simply by hitting “reply” to a task notification email. A free tier is available that includes unlimited tasks, unlimited categories and up to five users. All teams get a free 14 day trial of the premium/business version which is available on one low price of $9 per user, per month, with no annual commitment. Simply pay month to month.
- Task Pigeon provides a simply and easy to understand dashboard. You and your team should be up and running in minutes
- Team members can get notifications and respond to tasks in the web application or via email (even on the free tier)
- Unlike other task management tools Task Pigeon provides a simple flat fee on a month to month basis. You don’t need to lock in for 6 months or a year to get the best price.
- Task Pigeon supports a wide variety of features including categories and sub-categories, private tasks and private categories, recurring tasks and more.
- Task Pigeon doesn’t currently support a calendar view which some people may like
- The free version provides unlimited tasks and categories but is limited to a maximum of 5 users
Task Management Software – BaseCamp
The idea of Basecamp is to help ensure that all of your tasks and projects are all in one palace, making it easier for all of your staff to work together or independently.. Basecamp is $99 per month for businesses or $1000 for a yearly sign up. However, Basecamp is offered free for teachers and students and half price if you are a not for profit organisation or a charity.
- Basecamp offer a flat and fixed pricing structure, with no surprise add in costs
- You will receive unlimited users and unlimited projects within the monthly fee
- Basecamp offers Mac, PC, iOS, Android and a browser based application.
- There is one pricing structure, which for some businesses may seem costly, especially if they are a small team
- There is no free tier, however you can access a 30 day free trial
Task Management Software – Trello
Trello is a flexible task management tool we covered in our previous post. It is visual and easy to use, and not only suitable for larger projects but pretty much anything that you need to organise. They have a free plan that offers one power up board, unlimited boards, lists and members and the ability to attach files up to 10MB. Their paid plan starts at $9.99 per user, per month (when paid annually in advance). Alternatively, it’s $12.50 per user on a month to month basis.
- Flexible and easy to use
- Offers plenty of unlimited options on the free package
- Business plan is a great budget option for upgrade
- Free package only allows for 10MB uploads
- The free package only comes with one power up board
Task Management Software – Mavenlink
Mavenlink wants to make sure that companies can deliver work effectively and efficiently. Mavenlink is cloud based and offers a real-time view of your workload. There are 4 different pricing levels if you want to try out Mavelink for yourself. Their Teams level offers task management and collaboration on a basic level and is $19 month per month for 5 users. The next level is professional which is based around financial and project management, this is $39 month per user. The top two tiers of the Mavenlink service (Premier and Enterprise) offer up a complete project management tool for business. You will need to contact Mavenlink in order to receive a pricing quote for these particular levels.
- You can pick a pricing level that suits your needs.
- The basic package is available at a low cost and offers access for up to 5 users.
- If you are looking for a more comprehensive, end to end project management tool Mavenlink may be suitable.
- It can be tricky to know which pricing level is the right one for you.
- There is a big jump from one pricing structure to another, and there is no free tier.
Task Management Software – Dapulse (Now Monday.com)
Dapulse (now Monday.com) knows that managing tasks and projects within a business can be difficult. Having everything in one place is the first step to managing your tasks better, and this is something that Dapulse is proud to offer their customers.
Dapulse has several different pricing structure which is not only set up by facilities, but it is also arranged into different user level from 5 users up to 200+ users. Meaning that you can pick the perfect package for what you need.
- There are plenty of different pricing options to suit your needs
- The cheapest starts at only £22 per month
- You don’t pay per user, but per package
- For some businesses, it can be difficult to know what option you need
- The plans are billed annually with no monthly option or free tier
Task Management Software – Asana
Asana is designed to help teams to work together to complete a project. You can see the progress of the project easily and all without needing to send an email, or schedule a meeting with those involved. They have a free task management plan that offers the basic usability. Whilst there are unlimited tasks you can only have up to 15 members and the search and dashboard is in a basic format. If you want to upgrade from their free task management tool, the paid package starts at $9.99 per member, per month (when paid annually in advance).
- You can link conversations and comments to actual tasks
- You can create tasks with ease and assign them to the appropriate person
- Have a conversation just like you would on social media with likes and hearts
- The free package offers basic usability and is limited to only 15 team members
- To be able to have a more customisable package you will need to upgrade to the first level of paid
Task Management Software – Get Flow
Flow recognises that not every business needs a complicated project and task management system. In fact, they know that sometimes a simple system that gets the job done is enough. This is why they designed Flow. Flow helps people to work together, whether they are a team, or they are a freelancers working together on a project. It works with not only android but iOS systems too, making it ideal for everyone.
Following the idea of a simple world, the Flow pricing structure is simple too! For those that have less than 6 people the Flow standard package is enough, allowing for unlimited file storage and tasks for just $53 per month (billed annually) and $59 per month if billed monthly. They also offer a more professional level that allows for more features and users.
- The pricing structure is split into two which is simple to understand
- A simple system that is easy to use, with limited to no training required
- The user interface doesn’t appear as “visual” as some of their competitors.
- No pricing example for Pro, you need to contact the company to find out more
Task Management Software – Wrike
Wrike is suitable for a range of uses, this includes project management/task management, marketing, creative projects, and even product development. A variety of different teams can benefit from being able to plan, prioritise and communicate during tasks lifetime. They have a free task management plan which is ideal for up to 5 users. The paid package starts at $9.80 per user per month (when paid annually in advance) and offers full project planning access.
- A great tool for a variety of different business types
- Versatile and simple to use
- The free package is only suitable for up to 5 users
- The lower level of paid package only suitable for up t0 15 users. If you have more than 15 users, the next tier starts at $24.80 per user, per month (when billed annually in advance).
Task Management Software – Podio
Boasting some big-name clients, Podio is a task management system that clearly prides itself on its professionalism. It is flexible and easy to use, and is even an award winner in the world of task management.
There are four packages within the Podio service. Basic, Plus, Premium and Enterprise. The prices start at $9 per month per employee for the basic package, and then this increases up to $24 for the Premium package, which offers an advanced suite of features, and the Enterprise package which is a bespoke solution that matches your needs.
- There are 4 different packages that you can choose from
- The Podio Enterprise package is one that can be customised to suit your needs
- It offers a monthly and annually billed pricing structure
- Depending on your needs Podio may offer more features than you require, increasing the complexity of the tool
Task Management Software – Freedcamp
Freedcamp is a free task management tool designed to offer effortless team collaboration. It is suitable for home and office plans, from organising a holiday to creating a huge and complicated work project. They have a free plan that allows for unlimited users, unlimited storage and unlimited projects. Their business plan starts at $8.99 per user, per month (when billed annually in advance). If you prefer monthly pricing this jumps to $10.99 per user, per month.
- The free package offers a vast array of user functions
- If you don’t require the business plan, their is a paid tier for “Lite” users available at $5.99 for the first user, and $1.99 for every user after that (when paid monthly).
- There appears to be a reduced level of support compared to other tools, with the free plan only allowing for email responses within 3 days.
- The free version only allows for uploads up to 10MB
- Due to the large number of options (and potential uses) the user interface may take some time to get accustom to.
Task Management Software – Task World
Another task management tool that has some big-name customers, the vision of Task World is to make sure that work is finished on time. They provide a visual and easy to use tool, which is suited to those who want to work together to reach a common goal. 4
Task World has 3 pricing packages. The lowest cost one is $8 per month, per user. It is billed annually and allows for those single users to organise their own personal to do list in an easy to use format. If you want to bring a team together then you need to go up to the Team package which is $11.50 per user per month, billed annually too. If you think that you need a more custom and bespoke option, then you can work with Task World on the Enterprise option which allows for full control on what you need.
- Suited for both single users and bigger companies
- Clear and simple pricing plans
- Only 3 pricing structures to choose from, with the team tier costing more than some of their competition
- Billed annually not monthly
Task Management Software – Producteev
Producteev offers a free task management solution that is designed for projects and work that is to be completed by a team. It is powerful yet simple, offering more than just a to do list that you will need to check off. It is designed to encourage communication and co-operative working. They have a free package that offers unlimited users and tasks. Their paid plan starts at $99 per month.
- You can use shortcut commands to quickly assign tasks (+), add followers (@), add labels (#), set a priority (*), or set a deadline (!).
- It is compatible with iPhone, Android, iPad, Mac and Web
- It is easy to use for tasks and projects, both large and small.
- The paid plan is an expensive jump, with the minimum cost starting at $99 a month. But it does support up to 100 users.
- The free plan does not come with customisation colours
- It also does not come with personalised support
Task Management Software – HiTask
Some companies think that task management tools can be costly, which means that they may not want to invest in it. Companies like HiTask want to make sure that project and task management is affordable as well as effective too.
It is a simple system, that is easy to use, ideal for a range of companies. Even the pricing structure is easy to understand. For a single person who wants to organise their tasks, the Personal option is best. Billed at $4 per month, per person, this is a non-sharing option that is cost effective.
If you want to be able to share the task lists and projects, then you need to opt for the Team Business. This is offered for $4.98 per month. For a more customised option, you can contact HiTask for the Enterprise package.
- Easy to use and understand
- Offers 3 simple pricing structures
- Low cost
- May be too simple for some
- Jumps in price for more than 50 users
Task Management Software – Droptask
Droptask is a fluid and simple way to get tasks completed. It offers a chance to plan and manage a wide range of different projects. Best of all, it is a beautifully designed piece of software that uses “droplettes” as a way of organising tasks. They gave a free package that offers a complete view but is limited to 5 members and 1 project. Their paid package starts at $8.25 per month for a single user when paid annually in advance..
- An incredibly visual approach to manging a project
- Compatible with a variety of different platforms
- Low price on the paid level, especially if you choose to lock in for multiple years
- Their free plan is very limited on the users and tasks that you can have
- Some people may find the “droplet” style of task management different to what they are used to.
Task Management Software – Liquid Planner
Plenty of tasks are reactive, and require a there and then approach to updating and keeping on track. The Liquid Planner approach is one that is fluid, and can change as you need it to. It brings teams together using Dynamic Project Management, and a fully loaded system.
They have 3 packages on offer for those that need help with project management. Small team which works for up to 5 users, Professional which has a 10 user minimum and Enterprise which also has a 10 user minimum. They are priced at $9.99 per user, per month. $ 39 and $69 and are all billed annually not monthly.
- Packages offered suitable for small teams and larger teams
- Managers who like monitoring and tracking staff progress and tasks complete will like the dashboard views provided by Liquid Planner.
- 10 user minimum on the upper two tiers
- Billed annually, instead of monthly like some of their competition.
Task Management Software – Mindmeister
Mindmeister has become incredibly popular for more than 7 million people in order to complete their creative work. It is an online mind mapping tool which offers an effective way to develop and share ideas. As it is aimed at creative types, it is incredibly visual in its design. They offer a free plan which offers basic usage, allowing for up to 3 mind maps. Their paid plan starts at $6 per user per month (personal) or $15 per user, per month (business) when billed every six months.
- It is well suited to creative types who prefer to “visualise” what needs to be done, rather than just follow simple lists.
- You can easily use your mind-maps in presentations. It provides a great way of explaining who needs to do what, when.
- It utilising a drag and drop interface for the majority of its functions.
- The free package is incredibly limited
- More suited to creative projects, so it will not suit all task management requirements
- The lowest paid plan is only suitable for personal use
Task Management Software – Todoist
Exactly what it says on the tin, Todoist is a tool to help people get done what they need to. It is easy to use and offers accessibility from anywhere. You can even collaborate and share tasks to help complete them even sooner. They offer a free task management plan which gives you access across 10+ platforms and is limited to only 5 people per project. Their paid plan starts at $28.99 per user, per year.
- Can be accessed anywhere online and offline
- Offers collaboration on shared tasks
- A simple and easy to use design
- May be too simple for some businesses
- The free package and the lowest paid level is designed for individuals rather than business teams.
Try Task Pigeon Today!
It's the straightforward task management tool for teams who want to get things done!